FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, February 25, 2010

One skein.

This is what I ended up with after winding this yarn into a ball(s). Don't you hate it when the skein is all messed up? I do. Besides the three balls you see, there is also a knot in the middle of the medium sized one and three other major blemishes in the big one. I'm going to attempt making a baby blanket with the largest one... we'll see how it turns out.




In other news, I was able to get a hat and mittens set finished yesterday. Good thing too, I need the whole set (blanket included) done by tomorrow night! I'll be giving them to my sister-in-law at her baby shower on Saturday.

Here's Emerson modeling a sneak peek of the mittens and hat set:



Can you tell I really like this green yarn? I think it works well for a boy OR a girl, depending on the colors you pair it with.

I'll share the blanket as soon as I'm done. It's gonna be the yellowy cream above and the charcol gray contrast color in the mittens and hat set.

p.s. Do you like the ear flaps? I do. Super easy to add to the origional hat pattern. I'll share later. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow. These look so adorable on Emerson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling little guy! I found your blog with your mention on face book. Oh my goodness you family is darling and you are amazing woman! It is fun to see what you are up to. --emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ear flaps, but I'd suggest ties on the ends of the flaps so you can tie them together under the chin.

    I'm your newest Friday Follower!

    Come visit me at mom-et-al.com

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete