FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

I better watch out, my nerd is showing.

It's been a wonderful weekend.

On Saturday, Dave (that's the hubster), Eme and I went to a friend's moving sale. Mostly to say goodbye before they leave for med-school in Iowa. But. I got a AWESOME table so that I can cut my fabrics without crawling around on the floor. YAY!!! For $15 bucks no less! It is SUPER solid too. It was quite exciting for me. I'll post some pics as soon as I find the lost camera.

In the evening Dave took me out to the same friend's parent's Japanese restaurant. Oh man, was it good. We had sushi and tempura. Which it pretty much the best meal ever in my opinion.

This morning, Dave surprised me with a book that I have been mooning over for TWO years. It's a first edition, signed copy of "The Great Conspiracy" published in... are you ready?... 1887.

Awesome. It has newspaper clippings all through out the book from then too. I am so excited about it. See, I'm kind of a book nerd.

This book is about the civil war. I can hardly wait to read it. Gotta get some latex gloves to wear while handling it. I'm so excited about it!! :) And now I've said that twice.

I hope your Mother's Day Weekend was as exciting for you in your own way as mine was for me!! :)

Happy Mother's Day to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment