FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

This is the story of my Epic Fail.

Today is the hubster's birthday.
I decided to make him a cake.
You know, because it's his birthday.
It's what you do for birthdays.
So I got to work, whipped up a yummy tasting batter and put it in the oven.
The minutes ticked by; I watch it closely.
I pulled it out right as it was springing back from my touch.
It looked awesome.
Then it started to cool.
And deflate.
"WHY???" I cried in despair!
Then I had a vision of the instructions.
It said to sift the baking soda and flour together.
BAKING SODA!!!!!
Aww NUTs.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry the cake didn't work out. I hope he still had a great bray and gives you an A for being a great wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh- I have so been there! Did you bake another one, or run to the store to pick one up?

    You can also crumble it into a bowl, and mix in some frosting, and serve him his cake like that.. That's what I usually do when my cakes turn out really ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...Well I gave up. His stomache was upset and didn't really want any anyway. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the hats mention - they are very cool! I've tried and tried to knit and can only make hotpads! Something about two needles and two thumbs and a half-working brain. Congrats on the babe too, he's adorable! Say hi to your folks! xo, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nan! Good to hear from you! I'll be sure to say hi when I talk to my mom tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by. :) I HIGHLY doubt the "half-working" brian part lol. Especially since I've seen YOUR creations. I haven't tried much, but you definetly beat me in the quilt department. :) They are beautiful.
    If you want to play with yarn more, maybe you'd fair better with a hook! I know I do. I can knit, but I'm not superb at it. Crocheting is much easier for me- all my hats are made with hooks! :)

    ReplyDelete