FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm a dancer.

The small child at dancing class may never become a professional dancer - but the courtesies and disciplines, as well as the joy in movement, will touch her forever.
-Helen Thomson 1943

I'm a dancer. Even though I rarely get to dance anymore I still identify myself as such. As in, when people ask me to describe myself, I lead with "I dance..." I'm not a pro (my boobs pretty much guaranteed that I wouldn't be - I developed big and early, even though I was a stick) but, like this quote says, it touched me forever. There are few things I love more.

2 comments:

  1. What a great quote. I took dance class from 5 years to 18 years then spent several years country/western dancing. Now I take Jazzercise to fill my dance wants. I love watching my little girls. One loves art like I do, the other likes dance like I do. So fun! You will find me moving my body trying to help the dancers move on Dancing With the Stars. Makes my hubby laugh! ~Lanie J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, that is a VERY sweet quote! I always wished I would have danced. And I didn't know you were a dancer! Maybe I did and just forgot... Well, I get you with the whole big boobs thing... I was also a stick and developed bigger and earlier than everyone else. The girls in middle school HATED me because of it and accused me of stuffing.

    ReplyDelete